about cement division
Vision & Mission
- The Cement Division of the Egyptian Federation of Industries has two main aims: representing the cement industry before any governmental or non-governmental authorities, and communicating with all companies concerned with the industry on all issues and policy developments with regards to technical, environmental, promotional and energy issues.
- The Division directly represents the cement industry within the Chamber of Building Materials Industries and national or international conferences.
The Cement Division aims to support all stakeholders in the cement industry in Egypt and seeks to maximize their benefit from the sector and protect their rights through:
- Developing the frameworks governing the cement industry and applying the provisions of Egyptian law.
- Removing all obstacles facing the sector.
- Providing the best competitive environment for all companies working in the cement industry through the application of the provisions of Egyptian laws and work to get rid of all the obstacles facing companies operating in the cement sector in Egypt.
- Achieving the highest investment rates,
- Maximizing opportunities for exporting Egyptian cement to different markets around the world.
- Provide maximum employment opportunities.
The Cement Division aims to modernize the methods of all the operations of the cement industry in Egypt, according to the findings of practical research around the world to cope with the rapid development in the sector.
This modernization will be achieved through:
- Supporting the development of the cement and clinker industry in the Arab Republic of Egypt.
- Supporting the cement and clinker industry companies in maintaining a fair competitive environment for manufacturing cement, clinker and cementitious products as compared to other building materials and to other countries in compliance with the Egyptian Law of Protection of Competition and Prohibition of Monopolistic Practices.
- Actively participating into the definition and the evolution of the national standards for cement, clinker and cementitious products (including concrete) in the Arab Republic of Egypt.
- Participating in disseminating any technical advances from cementitious products that support the development of the cement’s industry and products.
- Gather and publish official published statistical data which are needed to understand cement markets and key manufacturing parameters in the Arab Republic of Egypt, and in line with Egyptian Law of Protection of Competition and Prohibition of Monopolistic Practices. In all cases the Division shall not be competent to directly receive or collect data regarding production quantities or sale prices or recent undisclosed information from the members.
- Setting up workshops to provide the Division’s members with new important updates relevant to the cement production in the Arab Republic of Egypt.
- Issuing, preparing and participating in news, magazines and circulars that serve the Division’s objectives in the Arab Republic of Egypt or abroad.